PTA - Welcome to the Friends of Thorner PTA
Friends of Thorner PTA are a group of people who come together to raise money to support Thorner C of E Primary School. Anyone can be a friend of the school and we rely on our parents and grandparents to help us at events either by attending or providing support! This can be selling cakes, helping man a stall at the Christmas Fair or donating clothes for a jumble sale for instance!
Friends of Thorner PTA were formed to fundraise for the benefit of the pupils at school. Friends of Thorner PTA is a registered charity and survives on parental support.
Friends of Thorner PTA is also a way for parents to become more involved with the children's school. Working in partnership with the school can help develop strong links between home and school. We are always looking for new parents who want to get involved in whatever way they can. This could be coming into meetings to help generate ideas, assist in project-managing one of the events, or just letting us know your thoughts and ideas. It could also mean helping out at a particular event or just coming along as a participant and having fun, meeting new people and helping raise much needed funds.
Meet the Committee
- Gemma Aylott - Chair - Mum of Lucas in Elm class and Isaac in Beech class
- Liz Loukes - Vice Chair - Mum of Evie and Fred in Ash class
- Beth James - Treasurer - Mum of Alice in Ash class
- Amy Lobley - Secretary - Mum of Harriet in Ash class
- Kate James - general committee member - Mum of Laura in Oak and Emily in Beech class
- Chris Clark - general committee member - Dad of Ellie in Cedar class.